Wednesday, January 14, 2009

HELLO! LIVE (almost) FROM MINORU!



Be Gentle! It's my first vlog entry!

It's going to take me a little while to get comfortable and articulate in front of a webcam, but my Minoru arrived today via Amazon and I thought it deserved a go.

I will start by identifying what I don't like about the Minoru; It's a webcam. It's kind of disappointing that the camera must be tethered to a PC via a USB 2.0 to work (meaning that it did not like my USB HUB). It would be great if they could have built in a battery bay and SD card slot for on-the-go still and video capture, but hey, that's a small thing to complain about considering that it really is the first product of its kind.

That said, it's a well spent $90.00.

It's very simple to set up. After plugging it in and installing the CD, there is a simple calibration process.

Next, you manually adjust the focus on the left eye camera, and then the right eye camera. You then adjust the vertical seperation composite and then the horizontal.

From there, you're ready to capture stills, broadcast like a normal webcam, or record video clips in .asf format. The clip I just made for this post was 2 minutes, 16 seconds and weighed in at 28.27 MB. I was able to successfully upload it to Youtube, Google Video, and Flickr.

If you have a Minoru webcam and would like to chat in 3-D let me know in the comments. Also let me know if you have an anaglyph project, product, web community, or website you'd like me to share with the interweb anaglyph community.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hI! I replied to you on youtube

Don Browne said...

Nice!

I just got my Minoru a week ago and am using it on my live daily webcasts at http://justin.tv/kq4ym

I've also posted several 3D demos at http://youtube.com/kq4ym